myspace codes
Click here for Myspace glitter graphics and Myspace layouts
/* -- sidebar style -- */ #footer p {margin: 0; padding: 12px 8px; font-size: 0.9em;} #footer hr {display: none;}

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Chemistry

Ok. Wow, it's been a while since my last post. I guess I've been too busy to blog, yet not busy enough to need a place to vent my frustrations, like during the hectic school year.

Anyhoo, that one barista job I told you about, well I had to quit. Yep. You see they kind of forced me into it by making me choose between taking a Spanish exam and working there. My boss said "either you show up to work on the 3rd at noon or there will no longer be a position for you here." Seeing as my priorities lie with my studies I quit. NEVER FEAR.....my side job as a chemistry tutor has taken it's place. I now work 15 hours a week, which is enough to keep my Saturn happy and leave a bit to save for college. Oh also check out these videos of chem experiments...the voices are annoying, but especially the Mg in CO2, igniting NI3, and the ice bomb ones are awesome.

El verano es muy bueno! Me mucha gusta jugar Frisbee Ultimo en el verano. Y tu?

So....I'm done with Spanish 101 as of today. But don't break out the balloons and noise makers yet because 102 starts monday.

So...it has been said and passed down for many generations,(well at least this one), that, in blogland, not worthy is a post if a picture it contains not. :P So in light of my interest in Chemistry...


Ok..so it doesn't have much to do with chemistry, infact it has nothing to do with anything...but it's still entertaining.

Hasta Luego!

~Elis

7 Comments:

At 14/7/06 12:16, Blogger jolygood said...

Ay caramba! Penguins!! =D

Glad to hear you're keeping that stellar GPA up, Elisabeth. Chemistry is a divine subject. :)

 
At 14/7/06 22:19, Blogger Sniper Monkey said...

Those are awsome...Nitrogen triodide is some seriously cool stuff! And it's really easy to make. Provided you can get your hands on some iodine crystals...i know where...hehe...

 
At 15/7/06 08:52, Blogger Beefloaf said...

HE he...EXPLOSIONS!!!!!!!!

and penguins!!!!!!!!

 
At 15/7/06 10:08, Blogger Sniper Monkey said...

jaja

 
At 15/7/06 21:39, Blogger Elisabeth said...

It would be fun to make some NI3 outside of the lab this summer. So, might I tap into your knowledge of iodine crystal sources?...or will it require bribery? ;)

Explosions and penguins...explosions penguins...explosioning penguins...um...exploding penguins!...What? Who said that? Surely it wasn't me. Hehehe....

 
At 21/7/06 19:46, Blogger Beefloaf said...

*ahem* only five comments people?

I think we need to fix that....

 
At 22/7/06 08:39, Blogger Elisabeth said...

Hmmm...snipermonkey apparently will not tell me how to get any iodine crystals.....does anyone else know? I've heard you can use KI and H2SO4 to retrieve some I crystals- maybe that would be easier to get.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home